Monday, September 24, 2012

Gross Factor

Well, the writing bug hit over the weekend. It was awesome. I'm all the way up to page 214 now. I'm just about nearing the end of the story, but will have to go back and somehow connect the beginning to the end. There are a couple of parts in the middle that are done. But sometimes I find that when I go back to read/edit the earlier chapters, I end up adding more. Like when I added the 8 pages to the first chapter the other day. That's the other hard part. Figuring out where to put chapter breaks. Anyway, prepare to be grossed out a few times. They are vampires after all. So, if you're a wuss, and hate all things gory, then don't pick up book 2. I'm going to have my husband read over the gross parts to make sure they aren't too gross. But from what I've just told him about it so far, he thinks it will be awesome. But, he's a guy, so maybe this is a bad idea. I should find a girl to read it and tell me. But, that will ruin the story for whoever I found to read it. Oh, what to do. So, opinions-what would be too gross for you? The funniest part to me, is that I'm a girl, and I think it's cool. But I had a comment from a co-worker of a friend, that said she didn't read all of the first book because some of it was "gross." I have no idea where that came from since there's nothing "gross" in the first book. I'll make sure not to sell her the second one. Some people can be such wimps. So, really, I want your opinion. Think of the grossest things you could handle as far as goriness factor, and shoot me a comment.

1 comment:

laura thomas said...

I'm probably not the right person to ask:) I don't think you could write anything too gross. I like some gore in a vampire book, makes it more genuine.
I can't think of anything gross in the first book. Strange that she thought that??