Tuesday, October 2, 2012

*Sigh*

Well, I'm struggling again. I think with the prologue to "Return" that I suck you into the story. You're thinking, "Oh, crap what's happening? When is this going to happen?" So, I just start chapter one with what's been happening since the last book ended. That's what I normally expect out of a sequel. What about you? I've had some people on scribophile critiquing the first chapter, and a few have said that it's not exciting and doesn't draw you right into the story. However, none of these people have read the first book. So, I'm thinking, "Well, duh. It's gonna be boring if you don't know how the last one ended." I need opinions from people who have actually read the book. Or even just people who read sequels. How do you like your sequels to start out?

1 comment:

laura thomas said...

I like the beginning to just snatch me into the new adventure and then a flash to the first story.
That beginning has to be about the second adventure.