Friday, August 3, 2012

Ahh, Silence

Well, my fabulous husband decided to take the boys camping tonight. I was thrilled of course. I don't have any girls, so it's just me all night and most of the day tomorrow. I've been writing since they left. The inspiration hit and I don't have anything but my music to listen to. No "Mom, can I play on the iPad?," or "What's for dinner?" or "Can we go to the pool?" It's so much easier to write when I don't have to worry about taking care of anyone but myself. No wonder Amanda Hocking can write for twelve hours a day. Don't get me wrong, I love those little guys, but it's nice to have a break. It's been awhile since they've all been gone overnight. And it just warms my heart when my four year old yells, "I love you, Mom! I miss you, Mom!" at the top of his lungs as I pull out of the driveway to go to the post office while they get ready to leave. Anyway, I'm already to page 118. I love writing! I always wanted to write a book, but never had any ideas and never thought I could. But, here I am, with one book down and one to go. And maybe, just maybe, more ideas will come after that. I would love not to be a one hit wonder. Happy weekend!

1 comment:

laura thomas said...

Can you hear a pin drop or is it your fingers clicking away on that PC? Wanted to let you know I am now halfway through your book and having fun.