Thursday, April 12, 2012

Publishing News

So, exciting news ... my book has officially been sent in to a publisher. Here's how it happened- my mom's cousin Lori (that makes her my second cousin I guess), knew that I had written a book. She happened to have a local contact who she then sent my blog address to. She read it and was already interested without even reading any of my book yet. She just liked my writing (probably because I'm totally awesome at it). I sent her the first eleven chapters because that was all that had been edited. She also sent me the number and email for the owner of the company. My editor finally got off his duff and finished editing, so I contacted her and she asked me to send it in. So, there you go. Hopefully, I will hear back sooner rather than later. I was not born with an ounce of patience. I've wanted to publish since I finished the book this past summer. Hopefully, more good news will follow.

In other news, Book 2-Return to Darkness-is already a whole 33 pages long! Okay, so I realize that's not a lot. But remember that's how Book 1 started before I just sat down and wrote for an entire summer and finished it. It's baseball season at our house, so I don't have tons of time to write, and actually, the ideas are lost in my head somewhere and haven't yet manifested themselves. I have really felt the itch to write lately, so I plan on sitting down tomorrow and at least stare at the screen for an hour.

Lastly, my editor/cousin Brian has also decided that he's a writer and has started his own blog. Check it out here http://heylookimawriter.wordpress.com

EDIT-
In honor of Brian, I thought I would also include his exact quote, "Thanks to my awesomeness, my cousin has been inspired to try some writing, pretty much as an homage to me. Isn't that cute? Go visit his blog and see his amusing first efforts, and try to be patient with his lack of expertise,"

1 comment:

Brian Lewis said...

Cool. Congratulations on the accomplishment!

Lastly, I was expecting something more like, "Thanks to my awesomeness, my cousin has been inspired to try some writing, pretty much as an homage to me. Isn't that cute? Go visit his blog and see his amusing first efforts, and try to be patient with his lack of expertise," but the actual version you went with works, too.