Monday, July 9, 2012

Writer's Block

So... I have writer's block. I guess it was inevitable. I am a writer after all. It's just weird because once I started really working on this first book, the juices kept flowing. I wrote everyday. For hours at a time sometimes. Even if I had to stop to take my kids to the pool or bowling or all the other fun summer stuff we did last year, I was able to come home and pick up where I left off. This summer, not so much. I did write a few more pages the other day. So, I'm at about 101 pages. I have the first five chapters done, but after that, there are just sections that I want to insert somewhere. I'm still totally clueless as to where I even want to go with the story. Plus, I've been trying to promote this first book a little, so it hasn't been a priority. I'm going to try to just sit down today and see what (if anything) comes out. My three youngest kids are at grandma's farm for a couple of days, and Bubba just left for baseball practice with dad, so it's now or never. Well, I'm off.

2 comments:

CL said...

Push through it. Just keep pushing. The easy writing comes back. For now, whatever comes out, just let it be. Tell yourself you'll be brilliant in revision! LOL

Nick said...

I did get 5 more pages written, and chapter one re-worked, so I feel like I accomplished something. Thanks for the support.